Again due to city law this story may or may not be true...
Well on Tuesday night a different armadillo (not sure how they knew it was a different one...I'm still questioning it) was spotted and this time the thing was digging up the sprinkler system pipe. Mom thinks he could "smell the water" and that's how he knew what to do! I'm not sure about animal instinct, but can they smell water? Anyway, Tuesday night Matt was in charge of the gun. According to eye witnesses (who were all up and ready for the event), Matt shot and missed twice. When questioned about his shooting skills, Matt offered, "I was shooting for his head." I'm not sure any of us believe that! So camp was again set up on Wednesday night. To defend his honor Matt had the gun again. The armadillo was spotted digging in my moms flower bed and messing with the head of the sprinkler there. So Matt took aim and his shot was successful. The remainder of the story is kinda sad so I will spare you the details of the noises and the trash bag. Let's all remember that this little guy had two chances to get away and stay away before he was killed!
2 comments:
you have to hit them in the head or neck cause of the thick shell!!! Congrats Matt!!!
ok, i just read the whole story and i am cracking up...too funny!
Post a Comment