Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Weekend including Julia's Wine and Cheese

Let me just start by saying you haven't lived until you spend the afternoon in July in the second floor (above the showroom) of an un-airconditioned furniture store warehouse! My mother was inspecting some leather chairs she bought (on her behalf they were expensive and she just wanted them to be right). She made the poor warehouse worker open every box they had (five or so) of these leather chairs so she could get two that matched. That was fun enough...then we had to get two of them in my car. The hot (temp not cuteness scale) little warehouse worker got them into the car in less than 5 min. He was READY to get rid of us! Then I went to airport to exchange an American voucher I had for a ticket to go see Meg. After 45 min of the lady behind the counter discussing every possible option with every American Airlines help desk (BTW not too helpful) I left without a ticket! Mom was mad too since she'd been sitting the hot car for 45 min. She was a great sport though! I'll keep you updated on this b/c I'm not going to let them win!!!! Saturday night I was such a looser I went to bed at like 10:00 b/c it had been such a LONG day.

Sunday we had a wine and cheese wedding shower for Julia. I think it was a great success. It was good to see everyone and meet some of Julia's college and work friends. Thanks to everyone who helped (especially Mrs. Christy)! It looked beautiful girls!


Food table (thanks Maria and Christy!)

Hostesses and Julia

Julia and Mrs. Carla

3 comments:

julia said...

I'm glad you put some pictures on your blog... I can't download mine from my camera. Ya'll did such a great job!! I really enjoyed the afternoon.

Corbin said...

Thanks for being such a good poster! I feel a little bit in loop!!! Looks like it went beautifully!!!

The Walkers said...

Yea the shower was so pretty. Thanks for being the "social chair" of the event! We could not have done it without you! And your chocolate dipped strawberries!