Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Can I keep these alive?????

Well I decided last weekend that I needed to spruce up the outside by adding some flowers. I hate the rail on my back steps! The guy who lived here before me added it so it would be to code before he sold it….as you can see it’s something I could have done. Well I don’t want to buy an iron rail right now because there are just more important things like my electric bill which more than doubled in June (I know I know, but Izzy gets so hot if I turn it up during the day…and she has so much hair I just feel sorry for her!) Tangent! Sorry about that! Ok so I planted some bougainvillea plants so they would wrap around the post and have really pretty pink flowers. (Note: The one on the top step is in two pots because I had it in a hanging basket, that by-the-way has had a plant for the last 5 summers I've lived here, and the screws into the brick came out and the plant came crashing to the ground. I thought it might be too tramatic to repot so soon so I'm saving that for another day. Cross your fingers that I will be able to keep them alive. Here are some pics…enjoy! I'm pretty sure this is way more horticulture by Erin than you wanted!

4 comments:

The Walkers said...

I vote yes you can keep them alive- but I hope they like full sun because your back porch is roasting in the summer...

Corbin said...

Very pretty!!!! Keep us posted on the progress!!!

erin elizabeth said...

They are a full sun plant. I was smart enought to check on that!

The Proctors said...

That will look so good! I'm trying my best to be better about planting things in our yard. I'm so bad about not watering so I usually end up killing plants too! I'm sure you will do fine!