Sunday, July 22, 2007

Arkansas is BEAUTIFUL!


Buffalo River


My grandparent's Home

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge outdoor person. I'm definitely no Grant Bennett! I'd say I'm a happy medium between Mrs. Mildred, the old lady who lives across the street, and Grant. I don't like to roast outside in the summer unless there is a really fun activity and/or a lake involved. Anyway all that said because my next statement may come as a shock. I really don't think I take enough time to enjoy our beautiful state!

This realization came to me while I drove to my grandparent's home in north central Arkansas this weekend. I passed over the Buffalo River and actually wished I was in one of the canoes. Sometimes there is nothing better than a rode trip to clear your mind and talk to God! Anyway, thanks Mema, Papa, Tim, Tam, Josh, Nick, Beth, Avery, Nancy, and Jesse I had a great weekend! And congrats Nick and Beth... it will be so fun with another baby at Easter!

5 comments:

carozza said...

you crack me up. ...and yes...i didn't expect to hear those words come out of your mouth. :)

The Walkers said...

Who are you and what have you done with Erin Parker?!?!? This post is borderline something cheesy that I would write!!!

Corbin said...

I have always wondered what your grandparents house looked like!!! AHHHH yellville such a wonderful spot!!! I am sure you have some other great stories from the weekend too!!!!

GB said...

Seriously, is this ERIN ELIZABETH?? Grant will be so proud when he reads this post! I love it and he will,too! We miss the Buffalo and AR so much! Maybe we'll have to come back someday...

elaine said...

oh, 5-star...i am cracking up! but glad to hear that you appreciate the natural state and all it's beauty!!!