On our way home from Yellville, it started snowing in the mountains. At first we were talking about how pretty it was, then how pretty it was sticking on the trees and ground....then...it began to stick on the road. Once the car in front of us began to fishtail and could not make it up the hill in front of us, I began to get scared. My dad gets all the credit. He did great driving my mom's SUV that didn't have 4 wheel drive...well it sort of did on Wednesday. We began to slide so my dad asked if my mom and I would unbuckle (which for those of you who know my dad...aka safety Tom...this was a big deal) and get over the wheels in the back. At this point I looked at my mother and said, "so if I get frostbite when we are sleeping on the side of the road because I don't have a coat, can I blame the meteorologist that said it was going to be in the high 50s today????" My brother referred to my mom and I as Traction 1 and Traction 2 for the rest of the day. I'm still not sure if I thought that was funny or not! Anyway here are a few pictures of the snow before I got scared. There were 3 or 4 inches on the road at the top of the mountain and we saw about 7 cars off the road and two snow plows. By the time we got to Clinton it was mostly rain and by Greenbrier we were good to go! Enjoy the pretty pics we almost didn't get them!



2 comments:
Man! That must have been really scary!
I love the snow pictures. I wish it would just snow more down here...
Beth Gray
Oh I miss snow!!!
Post a Comment