Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fourth of July

We spent the 4th at the Little Red River...just a little piece of heaven!  I can't imagine a more relaxing fun filled week!  Happy Birthday America!


We stopped at the river walk-in to see how it was flowing.  This has been a dry summer so there it's not much generating at the dam.

We finally made it!  Everyone but Matt...he had to work a few more days.

Guess who's the most excited to be here.  Yep, Nan!  Haha just kidding we all needed a week away relaxing and hanging out!

Love this girl!


Happy 4th!

More flag pics!


Mackenzie is telling Pops about how she's going to catch some fish!

...yes it is!

Guess who talked Pops into a quick cup of coffee and a morning trek to the dock?

Pops we got some stink bait for you!

Whew it is hot!  We decided to head to the house for a little board game time!


Matt was a genius to remember a pool for M.  I might have gone to Wal-mart and bought myself one:)  Laying out in a kiddie pool is awesome!

Nap time...Nan, is that a coke that you've given her before nap? 

She doesn't look ready for a nap...I think she's ready to go swimming again!

Beautiful view!

I know I'm biased, but she's just the absolute best!!!!!!

Kelly, thanks for taking care of Izzy!  You are the best and I love the update pics!

Ah, relaxing!

No luck with the fish...let's use granddaddy's worms!  My mom's dad was a great fisherman.  My grandmother would correct me that she was the true fisherman, but either way all the tackle was granddaddy's.  

Mackenzie won farkle and the pot of money.  She really won not like we "let" her win.  Guess we know who's buying dinner:)  


Love this!

Made a trip to Lindsey's Resort to get some bait.  This is the biggest trout caught on the Little Red.  Must admit the teeth freaked me out.
Greer's Ferry Dam...JFK lookout

Home again home again.

Love every detail of this place!

Welcome!


Shall we gather? Yes!

This didn't get much use over the 4th!

Must say this couch during a big rain is pretty awesome!

Love this girl! Can't wait to meet her little sister!

So my mom is the best Nan ever!  She purchased more water balls than any of us would admit to.  She and Mackenzie decided to surprise all of us with a water ball fight!  Lets just say that most of us were so wet that the pics aren't appropriate for the blog.  They got us, but pay backs are...well you know and Sloane and I will be planning our attack for next year!

Chasing Pops



No water balls inside!  It was our only safe place!

And snacks at the lake are a treat!


Afternoon on the dock!


The house at dusk...so peaceful and so beautiful!

Happy 4th!

Family game time!

I've looked better but being at the lake isn't about being cute:)



Morning at the dock!
Remember when I said the river wasn't about being cute?  Well little miss glitter shoes is definitely making a statement!

The morning fog is so beautiful how it rolls down the river!


A day at the lake! 


The dock had some really big fish that M and Pops loved feeding!

Buddies!

Twins!

Someone is very excited about the lake and not so excited about the life jacket!

Love her!

Me and my momma!

Seriously I don't think I could love her more!

These two are inseparable!

I love Arkansas the Natural State!

Workin the pout!

This guy has the right idea!  Canoeing in the beautiful fog...I'm sure his morning was nice and peaceful until some random woman started taking pictures of him from her dock!

Me, Mackenzie, and Matt

One more foggy pic!
Well Suzie got in a bit of trouble and she's in timeout for 5 minutes!

Mackenzie telling me why Suzie has to stay in my room by herself.

So the morning I put on makeup...guess what?  We caught a fish!

And when I say "we" caught a fish...I mean Mackenzie.  We bought some grub worms and Mackenzie wanted to fish with the dead brown one.  We all told her it wouldn't work and guess what?  Yep, we were wrong and this little pj clad fishergirl caught the only fish of the week!

This is what we used...can't you see that dead nasty grub worm?


My sweet mom!

Love!

Me and Mel

Havin' a blast!

Family pic!

How cute are they?  Can't wait for baby Sloane to make her appearance!

Melanie and her mini me!

Someone is very excited I'm home and not so excited that I took her through the car wash!


Not only am I over 100,000 miles it's at 101010!  I have a weird thing with numbers.

All in all it was a wonder time with the fam!  Hope everyone else had a fun, safe time celebrating America!  We are truly blessed!



No comments: