Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ending May With A Bang!

I decided to stop by the Walker's house one afternoon and take Sydney to get a treat for her pre-school graduation.  Guess where she wanted to go?  TCBY...no, Snow Cone Hut...no, the Kum and Go gas station...yes.  I died laughing!  I must say it was a nice gas station as far as gas stations go.



 We went back to pick up Lauren to do a little shoe shopping...Miss Thang decided to try these on and when I turned to take a pic she gave this pose all on her own...I think she's been watching top model.
 She wanted a pair of heals so bad that I had to get her these super cute wedges...I must say I love that she's a shoe girl.  I think she got that from her Aunt E (since we all know Lauren isn't a shoe girl!)

 Sloane's Nursery in progress!  This is the bumper and it's precious!

 Chloe really loved all the bags that we had in the room.  Of course she climbed in the plastic one...Chloe, suffocation!

Chloe you are crazy!



Not wanting any help!


Acting like she's gonna just take a nap.  No fear, after she played for a bit we made her get out.



I went to Spirited Arts with a few girls from my small group at church.  I painted the picture in the foreground.  I won't hang it anywhere, but it was a great time!



Katie painted this!



Love these girls!



We all look so artistic:)


More nursery fun!  Ironing the dust ruffle!



Chloe and Mackenzie aren't too far away.



We discussed bringing M's glider into Sloane's room, but Matt didn't want to move it.  A few minutes later Mackenzie said she wanted to share her chair...this is what she brought.  I died laughing, but she is so sweet!  


I couldn't love this girl more!



The room is coming along!  So cute!!!



Recital Time!

Please please please watch this video and excuse the screaming!  Sydney is 2nd from the right on the front row and she is shakin' her booty!  It was hysterical!  All eyes were on her...precious!  This was a crowd-pleasing performance of Itsy Bitsy Spider!


Mackenzie was equally as precious!  Love this costume!


M really had the steps down!


Little girls watching the big girls dance from the wings.


Oh Nan, what have you done?  You gave her two things of gum...you're in big trouble.  As you can see she's not letting them out of her sight!


Love this little dancer!


Family recital pic!!!
Dad, mom, Trey (melanie's brother), me, Earl (melanie's dad), Matt, Mackenzie, and Mel (and Sloane)!


Adore this little dancer!


A lazy Saturday afternoon at Matt and Mel's.  Chloe loves her Aunt E!  I just wish she could get comfortable...


Maybe I'll take a nap too...zzzzzzz


Memorial Day Cookout at Mom and Dad's



Mackenzie brought her "pool" to Nan and Pop's house.  She had a blast swimming and sliding!


Palmer was very excited that her friend Izzy came to visit.


Where did Palmer go?


Izzy got thirsty so M gave her a drink of pool water.  These two sure do love each other!


I see the turtle!


It's so cute!


Nan has a turtle in her back yard.  He really enjoys her plants and the sprinklers.  Nan has been telling us about the turtle and he heard the splashing and decided to come out for a visit.


Is that a dog and a cat coming towards me?????


Where did the turtle go?


Happy 8th birthday Izzy!  I've thought for the last few years that Izzy's birthday was the May 31st, but I looked at her papers this year to see how old she was and guess what?  Her birthday is the 29th!  Izzy got to go to the cleaners the morning of her birthday and get a treat at the drive thru window (thanks Crestwood Cleaners.)  Happy birthday sweet girl!


This is Mackenzie having a picnic breakfast for Izzy's birthday.  I think Chloe was wishing Izzy a happy birthday too, but I can't tell.  Haha, Izzy and Chloe aren't really "friends," but they are working on it!


I saw this eCard on Facebook and I love it!


How cute are these two?!?!!?  Mel usually sends a "Good Morning" pic of Mackenzie most mornings and this was my favorite from this week!  Love that precious precious girl!

Two random things: 

1) When I upload pics from my phone to the computer I usually have to delete 10 or 15 photos like the one above.  I have the Hair Salon game on my phone and there is an option to take a picture of the hairdo.  For some reason that is really fun for Mackenzie and Sydney.  Just wanted to share this one...we might have a problem when they start doing their own hair.

2)  OMG how sad am I that the time has come...yes that's right the season finally for Duck Dynasty has aired.  What are we going to do for a whole season without wonderful one-liners and fascinating beards.   Here's to hoping there are many summer marathons!  This show is a fabulous mixture of redneck ingenuity, family love, and lots of laughs.  If you don't watch it...you're missing out!  Love it!

1 comment:

Corbin said...

Love this very informative post!