Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mackenzie and Sydney's Sleepover and 2011 Easter Egg Dyeing Party!!

I've been waiting for the girls to be old enough to spend the night together and the day finally came. They came over Friday late afternoon and we all had a great time!
Thanks Mel for the only group pic I have!!!
Sydney and Mackenzie...so cute and yes the umbrella is open inside. I asked Sydney why she packed an umbrella since it was a sunny forecast. She answered, "cause when I'm outside sometimes it's hot." Well ok Ms. Scarlett sounds like a plan to me.
Goldfish are yummy
Gotta love an umbrella inside
Yes I let them get milkshakes...on my behalf one of the mothers ok'ed it:) Good thing they didn't drink much of them!
I think the matching slippers for our sleepover were a hit!!!
Movie watching

After we went to Chick fil a for dinner, Mardels to pick out a book and a stuffed animal, and back home to play...it was time for bed. Every party has to end:( So after 20min of Princess and the Frog, 2 books, 3 made up stories about 2 princesses named Sydney and Mackenzie, a debate about open vs closed door, a debate on hall light on or off and a second debate on the door, 4 pee pee trips to squeeze out a drop at a time, and 150 rounds (I'm not kidding) of Jesus loves me...they drifted off to sleep in the guest room bed way past their bedtime. We slept really well until 4:00 a.m when I awoke to both of them standing beside my bed. Sydney said, "we want to watch Dora." Mackenzie echoed. "yea, we want to watch Dora." They'd obviously discussed it before coming in. I let them get in my bed to try to go to sleep again...it wasn't happening. So from 4:00 to 5:00 they watched Dora and tried to "rest." At 5:00 I made them close their eyes and told them a story until they fell asleep. We all slept to almost 8:00.
These silly girls love some breakfast! They had so much fun!


Time to get ready to dye eggs!!!
I decided to do a bit more decorating this year for our Egg Dyeing party!
Thanks mom for the helping hand so I could get a shower in all this craziness!
We had snacks and Easter Baskets
Helping nan get the dye ready
Mackenzie, Karoline, & Sydney
These girls love to play together
Fun times!
I LOVE dyeing eggs...really really love it!
Spencer had a great time dyeing eggs this year too! He was a speed dyer!
Brock dyed a few eggs before he spilled the dye on him...sorry Dayle both your kids left with dyed clothes!
Spencer liked the M&Ms
Karoline dyed about 10 blue eggs. She didn't want to do another color, but I understand the blue was beautiful!
Brock with his cute new hair!


Our speed dyer is starting a new one.
Hayes is such a big boy! Look at him standing and walking around!
Mackenzie and her nan love playing together!
That face! How could you not love it?!?!?
Dayle and Brock! Too cute!
This is a picture to remind us how hot it was today!!! Poor Izzy...that hair is fun in the snow, but in the spring and summer...not so much!
Our speed dyer is at it again!
Sydney did a great job too!
Ava Lile can't wait until she can dye some eggs next year!
Seriously! Love this cute girl!

The finished product!
Laura and Hayes
Having fun
Our big boy is walking!!!!
Karoline is showing us her pretty blue egg!
Time for a snack
I thought these buckets from Target were super cute!
The food table
Yep that's candy...sugar sugar sugar
This smile melts my heart!!! Love this cutie!!!
Easter cookies just waiting to be decorated
This is one of the girl's Easter baskets...stocked full of items from the dollar bin at Target. Gotta love Target!
Welcome to our Egg Dyeing Party
Getting some nourishment before decorating cookies
Who doesn't love cookies?
Spencer is deciding which sprinkles he wants to use.
Crazy fun!
Lauren and baby Kate
Sydney, is that a yummy cookie?
Something (a knat) got on my cookie!
Julie and Spence
Why lick your fingers when there is a spoon in the icing?
Poor Hayes...the sun was in his eyes, but he loved the cookies...
...and the icing!
Best friends (well I hope they will be)
It's so fun just to listen to them talk!
Karoline and Mackenzie

Having fun!

Below are some funny videos of the sleepover!


4 comments:

Cher said...

Love this blog post! Aunt E! You're the best!!!

Corbin said...

WOW what a fabulous Aunt Erin! You really know how to put on a great bash for the kids! I am so jealous we weren't there! Keep up the post!

julia said...

Aunt Erin, you are so special!! These kids don't know how lucky they are! You bless our lives in so many ways!!

The Walkers said...

Erin!!!!! I am so thankful to have you in our lives. And your party planning abilities keep getting better