Sunday, February 10, 2008

Long Time...Long Post!

Well let me first start by saying Happy Birthday Julie!!! We went out for Julie's birthday last night and decided to try a new seafood restaurant called Argenta Seafood Co. The restaurant looked so nice and shek on the inside, however the food...not good! Please see Julie, Mika, Ryan, Carson, or me before trying this place. That way you can't say we didn't warn you! Oh, plus it's pretty expensive. Look at Julie's blog she had her camera!
Ok get ready this is a long story that ends with a funny experience. I've been having bad Mondays that seem to be getting progressively worse. It was normal bad Monday stuff until 2 weeks ago when a twist top Diet Dr Pepper opened in my purse and the entire coke was stuck between the lining and the leather of my bag. I had to cut the lining of my purse to pour out the coke. So I got over that but my purse didn't fare to well. So last Monday I didn't leave my house until 8 or so b/c I heard that traffic was bad. Well it was, but by the time I got on I 30 it was moving pretty good and so was I until a car pulled into my lane about 3 cars up and I tapped my brakes. The guy behind me did not slow down or touch his breaks and he "tagged (as my brother said)" the back of my car. I could see him in my rear view mirror so that made matters worse as I tried to brace myself on the steering wheel. Lucky for me we were both moving so I think that made the impact easier on my body. (I think I remember that from physics in high school.) Traffic was moving well enough and I was far enough behind that I did not hit the car in front of me. So I have to go on Tuesday to see what damage we are looking at. (See pics below) One more thing...I was so shaken that when the State Trooper asked for my ID and registration I gave him my debit card out of my wallet. I don't know what possessed me to do that! They are on opposite sides of my wallet and my debit card is a bright green/blue color! I'm sure there were many State Troopers laughing at his story! Please remember me tomorrow morning...I'm praying for a change of luck!




Well I decided to end the post on a happy note! A week ago Friday Izzy and I met Lauren and Sydney at the park. I got some really cute pictures if I do say so myself! Please enjoy!












4 comments:

julia said...

Wasn't it you who said you want a new camera? You could enter that one of Sydney in the swing and win a new camera!
And, then you would feel lucky because you won something.

The Walkers said...

Yikes on the car damage. I promise, Mondays only come once a week :). Thanks for sharing the Sydney park pictures. For some reason I can't get the CD you burned for me to open. You know I am computer LD though.

Meredith said...

So sorry about your streak of bad luck! It can only get better, right?

The pictures at the park are so good. The colors are really vibrant. It helps to have such a cute subject. :)

Anonymous said...

Those pics of Sydney are wonderful! Love, Olan Mills.