Thursday, June 21, 2007

A sick little girl!



This is one of the ugliest pictures I've ever seen of my baby! (Sorry Iz I love you but....) Izzy has been sick and she spend the day with Dr. Hawley yesterday at the vet. (They spoil her as bad as I do.) After worrying all day, I went to pick her up and was told she has a bilateral ear infection (which just means both ears) and she's had an upset tummy for over a week, but they couldn't find anything wrong. She has a fever and her CBC showed an elevated white blood cell count. We got lots of good medicine (and instruction on taking it) from Dr. Hawley and a lot of dollars later we were home. She slept well last night and has been very good about taking her medicine until this afternoon...I don't know if you can tell from this picture but her liquid medicine is all over her mouth and her ear medicine is all over her ear hair. So for the next five days Izzy will be referred to as grease monkey! She's still precious though...don't you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant and I are soooo sorry that Iz has been sick, but the way you told the story made us laugh histerically. Get well soon, Grease Monkey!
Meg and Grant

A.B. said...

Erin, You make me laugh so hard, but I love that you love your puppy so much! I think you are a wonderful mother.

Corbin said...

Oh Izzy I am sorry you are sick! Get well soon!!!!

Julie said...

Poor Izzy! That picture reminds me of the one of her mother from San Antonio! Get well soon Izzy!

rachel said...

poor thing--i hope she gets better soon!!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

erin I love my puppy too! she is cute and I am sorry izzy is not feeling well!!
Rebecca Z.

The Proctors said...

She is so adorable!! Sounds like Landon with the double ear infections. I hope she feels better soon! By the way...I'm so excited that you have a blog!

carozza said...

Well I'm glad Izzy was feeling better when I saw her today. Erin you can't be calling her grease monkey b/c you know you didn't like it when KT started talking about your hair looking greasy in that pic from san antonio. :)

The Walkers said...

Poor Izzy! Feel better soon!