Sunday, August 9, 2009

More than words can express!

Here's a little story about my birthday week...I feel like this picture of Izzy b/c it's been a great very very crazy week!
In Wednesday my co-workers took me to lunch and it was so fun to hang out and catch up with the whole gang! Then on Thursday I got lots of wonderful calls and text messages and p.s. I love facebook on my birthday! Thursday Dayle and Lauren took me to lunch! Lisa (my co-worker) made me a wonderful fruit pizza for the afternoon celebration and Lauren and Sydney came to work to bring me an birthday gift! It was so cute! Sydney was telling me all about her trip to the Wiggles. Hysterical! Here are a few pics from the office visit...
Lauren and Sydney
Sydney (posing) and me

Thursday night Matt, Mel, Mackenzie, Mom, Dad, and I grilled out for my birthday and then opened presents! It was wonderful spending time with the fam!
Mackenzie...with the gift card she game me...she quickly decided she needed it back. I can't blame her it was a really good gift!
Mackenzie (again the card was super amazing to her) and me
Mackenzie was a great helper while I was opening gifts!
As you can see I had quite a bit of "help!"
Izzy's "helping" too

I received some beautiful flowers for my birthday! On Thursday I went to the front of the hospital and picked up a beautiful "bowl of sunshine" from Meg, Grant, and Brooke! I enjoyed it at work and at home! Then on Saturday, just when I thought all the birthday celebration was over I got a beautiful arrangement from Anne and Shawn! I'm so lucky!!! I missed all of you out-of-towners at the party, but I loved loved loved the flowers!
From Anne and Shawn!
From Meg, Grant, and Brooke!

So let me just say that it's really hard to pull one over on me. I mean I'm an auditor I've been trained to look for the small clues! So to my surprise, my friends were able to keep one...a surprise that is! Friday night I went to what I thought was dinner with my high school friends, but my wonderful high school and college friends, along with Tom and Bren, threw me a surprise party at the Juanita's party room! It was so fun and I felt truly blessed and very very loved! Thanks again to everyone who helped and came to celebrate!!!! Dayle also made some super cute invites that I'll post later! To Mom, Dad, Lauren, Julie, Mika, Corbin, Katie, Laura, Amber and Dayle...thank you...those words don't do my feelings justice! Julie also had a wonderful idea for everyone to write favorite memories, stories, why I make them smile, etc and put them in a beautiful box for me...the best present ever!!!! I seriously seriously don't have words to express my thanks!
Me, Josh, and Merrit
The cake mom picked out...it was Perfect!

Keri, Mika, me, and Julie
More cake pics
Matt, me, and Mel
Mom, me, and Dad
The fam!
Julie, me, Corbin, and Mika
Lauren, Julie, Keri, me, Corbin, and Mika
Dayle, Emily, me, Lauren, Katie, Laura, and Amber
Maria and me!
The gift Julie Carother's sent! I seriously didn't want to open it b/c the package was a gift in and of itself! Julie decorated it and it looked like a 3rd grader did it! We missed you Julie and thanks for all the laughs!

Matt, me, and Mel
Group pic
Lauren and Mel
Me and Shelly

On Sunday after church we went to Matt and Mel's for a bit. Mackenzie was as always precious!

At my party Lauren was explaining Sydney's love for the Wiggles so Melanie decided to see if Mackenzie liked them...what do you think? She was in a trance! It's so weird!
Mackenzie thinks my glasses look better on her...I have to agree!
Mom and Mackenzie
Just hangin' out!
Poor Izzy didn't get much attention this weekend so I guess I'll have to make that up to her next week!

Thanks again to everyone for making my birthday week so special!


5 comments:

The Walkers said...

Yay! I was a nervous WRECK in the car on the way. Seriously, Brent and Jason were both sure I was going to give it away. Glad you felt so celebrated- that was the plan!!!

Julie said...

I'm glad my box gave you a good laugh! It just comes to show that it's not what's on the outside that counts, it's what's on the inside........a cute bag!!! Ha, ha!!! Seriously so sad I couldn't be there. It looked like you all had so much fun.

The Luce's said...

I was really bummed to miss it, too!! I sent my other half, though, as a family representative. Thanks for taking care of him for me. I have a little something for you, too, that I forgot to send with Jason. I'll stick it in the mail. I'm glad it was a great birthday!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

aww!!! such sweet friends! it looks like it was lots of fun! i meant to say hi on sunday but didn't! glad you had an awesome b-day week!

Allyson Petty said...

Happy late birthday!!! I'm so glad the day was as special as you! You deserve it!