Monday, September 22, 2008

Ohhhh, Izzy is so tired!

After Taylor Stroud's shower on Saturday, Amber and Alice came over so the girls could release some energy and Amber and I could watch the Razorback game. Well, after the lashing the hogs were receiving we decided to take the girls to Petsmart during the third quarter! Izzy had so much fun and was very very tired!
Izzy and Alice
Izzy and Alice
Mom and Dad went to the game so I told them that their new kitten, "Boggie," could spend the night with me and Izzy. Well...this cat is CRAZY! She's sweet when she's tired otherwise she's WIRED!
Boggie watching Izzy and wondering why she's so tired
Boggie didn't really understand my glass table. She would jump up in the chair and then hit her head and give me this look like..."what in the crap is going on?"

Boggie deciding Izzy needed to play with her!

Ok, so I've been seeing these red bugs that are not ants in my front yard. Last week a saw a lot of them so I sprayed them with some bug killer...well...when Amber was over Saturday one was on her car so I had her take a picture. I wanted to send the picture to http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ it's a great website for trying to ID bugs. I hate bugs so I always want to give the specific name so my bug man can make sure to stir up the appropriate deadly concoction.Here it is! So I didn't really think anything about it until Amber sent me the picture I had her take. So this morning I spent a few min writing the boys at http://www.whatsthatbug.com/ to get their expert opinions. GUESS WHAT!?!?! This is an immature assassin bug. What?!?!?! Yes, you heard me! The name alone gives me the creeps. I've been feeling bugs crawling on me since earlier today. Well after the identification I did some research and I DID NOT like what I found. I learned that these bugs can spit their venom from a foot away and they bite and it takes months to heal and leaves a scar!!! They also lay 40 to 200 eggs at a time! (I feel them crawling on me right now!) So I’ve already called my friend whose husband is "in the know." As she told me, "his boss has his PhD in bugs!" He told me what I have to get to kill them and I was going to stop on my way home to get just that! This bug looks like it has armor on and is ready for war…well guess what…I already had plans to be ready too with my mask, eye glasses, gloves, pants, and long sleeves! However, my sweet friend’s husband is coming over this week to create some carnage! I have the best friends ever!!!

So after my research I realized I'd seen the adult version of these bugs in my front yard too, but never got close enough to really see them! I got out my telephoto lens and this is what I took this afternoon!

AHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHH!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I saw three of them in the two or three min while I was outside!!! And no it's not a "green bean" tree it's a Catawba tree and I hate it...even more so now that it's aiding and abedding!

5 comments:

Corbin said...

Gross I hate bugs too!!!!

elaine said...

i'm glad you had some cute izzy and alice pics at the top of this post to cancel out those ugly bugs;) was so fun to see you last weekend!

carozza said...

yikes!!!!
don't think i will be coming over for a while.

Julie said...

The dogs and kitten are precious, but Grrross on the bugs. Now all I can think about is that I have one on me.

Nikki said...

oh Izzy is too cute! and those are some good pics!

Thanks for the tip! I will DEFINITELY look into that!! It would be amazing!! Thanks, Erin!
I hope you are doing good!