Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well I'm back....

Ok, so I haven't posted in a while...sorry, but this should make up for it! I had a work conference in San Francisco and my friend Amber (from college) was also going to the same conference! So we went out a few days early to see the city and a few surrounding cities. See the Bagley's blog for more pics. Alan we missed you! And for all my wine drinking friends...Napa is a MUST!
The trolley...what most people think of when they think of San Fran and Rice-a-roni.
Waiting on the trolley
Our Trolley Ride
The Wharf...like most of them it stinks...literally!

Obviously...Pier 39
So the story is during the earthquake of the late 80's the seals new something was going to happen and they moved up the coast to pier 39 and have been there ever since.
Seals at Pier 39
Amber and I at pier 39
Pier 39
Union Square Shopping
One of Amber's favorite parts of the trip! It's a very beautiful, slightly dressed David Beckham. Sorry Alan! She was so excited I had to post this!
The Ferry Building
One day Amber and I decided to go on a bus tour to Monterey, 17 mile drive, and Camel. Needless to say this was not a great idea and we learned our lesson for Napa (see below.) So after being on a bus with quite a few blue hairs and stopping at the most random places (we decided that the drivers stopped where they got free food!) We were promised some outlet shopping in Monterey were we had almost 3 hours! Amber and I were very disappointed!

List of stores at the "outlet mall"
Monterey
17 mile drive through Pebble Beach
The Lone Cypress...symbol of Pebble Beach
Story of the Lone Cypress Amber and I at the Lone Cypress. Dad this was for you!
Shops at Pebble Beach...like a jewelry store that looked so nice I didn't even go in!
Pro Shop at Pebble Beach
Shopping in Carmel
A pic Amber took for Ludy. Carmel is so animal friendly. Dogs can go anywhere and I mean anywhere. All the galleries and shops! Needless to say I loved Carmel!

More Carmel!
View of San Fran from the Ferry
We took a Ferry ride to Sausalito from San Francisco and passed Alcatraz. This was about as close as I wanted to get!
Sausalito
Sausalito
Sausalito
Amber and I rented a convertible from our hotel and we thought we'd get a mustang or something, but when we went down that morning they upgraded us to a 350 Z. It was awesome!
Me driving the upgrade!
Our little car for the day!
Lombard Street...we drove it on the way to napa.
I should note we chose to go to napa on the day we did b/c of the annual gay, lesbian, bla, bla bla parade that was being held in the city that day. However, leaving San Fran we saw this and I had to take a picture. Can you believe they painted that on the tunnel????
The smoke from the wildfires we saw leaving the city. It's mixed with fog too.
Cliff Lede
Cliff Lede Winery and Vineyard
Amber and I at Minor Winery
Mumm vineyard
Oh, there was so much wine and such a beautiful backdrop!
Amber and I at Mumm Winery
So beautiful!
Darioush...our last tasting of the day.
More Wine Country
Creek at Meir Woods
Amber and I after a long day in wine country!
The pictures don't do them justice. They are so big!
Meir Woods' very big trees!
Drive to Meir Woods (a redwood forest)
More of the drive
Golden Gate
Pic driving under the Golden Gate Bridge
Monday night the conference had dinner at San Fan City Hall. It looked more like a capitol!
Tuesday night we met Laura Inman for dinner. She's living near San Fran for the summer. Meg, we missed you!
More pics with Laura Inman
Thursday I was home to see sweet baby Mackenzie. Check Ambers' blog for pic of her with D-Mac. He was on our plane home from Dallas.

8 comments:

The Walkers said...

OK, I am SO JEALOUS! What an amazing trip! I want to go with you next time!

Corbin said...

What an amazing trip!!! I love all the pics!!!! Maybe we should do Napa for our girls trip next year!!! Oh and Hell yeah for Beckham!!!

rachel said...

looks like ya'll had a blast! love the pictures!!!

julia said...

A+++ on this post! Everything looks beautiful. You must have had such a great time... makes me want to go there!

Beth said...

WOW! Great trip! My sister is doing travel nursing in San Fran from late September-early December, and I'm going to go visit her. You've given me some great ideas on some fun stuff to do!! Glad you had fun!

carozza said...

so fun! i want to go there.

The Pierces said...

It looks like ya'll had an awesome time!

elaine said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and made all the rounds! And your new neice is precious!