In October I had a work conference in San Francisco, my friend from work, Catherine, also had a conference there so we decided to go to Sonoma and Healdsberg after the conference was over. We had so much fun! The vineyards turn fall colors just like the trees...it was BEAUTIFUL! It was also harvest so all in all a great time!
View from the San Fran hotel.
Chocolate anyone?
Alcatraz...I was in class all week and the night tours were full so this is as close as I got.
Little Italy...best restaurant!
This is an Iphone pic photoshopped of the Bay Bridge one night.
This pic and the next are unedited photos of the bridge that same night.
The Pink Ladies
Not sure why they are called the Pink Ladies, but they are beautiful victorian houses!
City Hall
Alcatraz
Golden Gate Bridge...get ready I was a bit camera happy!
These are from the car so not my best photog skills
More GGB!
The view from Gloria Farrer Winery
Breathtaking!
There were beautiful grape vines everywhere!
The drive was gorgeous too!
I think I could live here!
Sonoma square
Random vineyard on the side of the road...a can't get enough pictures!
Grapes
More grapes..
yep, you guessed it more grape pics!
last one...for now
Buena Vista Winery story...I had a great time at this beautiful winery, but I didn't purchase any from here.
The pics don't even do it justice!
Chateau St Jean in Kenwood
St. Francis Vineyard
St. Francis in Kenwood. Great wine, great views, jut plain great...made purchases! The next five pics are views from the patio at the vineyard.
Ledson in Kenwood...by far my favorite wine! I bought a whole case (a case is 12 bottles)...it didn't hurt that our pourer was a very cute and very funny guy!
The Girl and the Fig...my favorite restaurant in Sonoma. So quaint and the food was fabulous!
Day two....
Vintner's Inn. Can't say enough great things about the place we stayed. It was 5 stars and two thumbs up from me! The next five pics are of the grounds and vineyards at the Inn...beautiful!
Dry Creek was one of my favorite places! This is a little general store on the side of the road. I was "movie cute" so we decided to stop...great choice.
How cute!
I really could love here!
This is from the inside of the store; it was decorated for harvest.
Loved the old saloon doors
Ferrari Carano one of the most beautiful wineries we visited.
grounds at Ferrari Carano
They even had a Razorback! Since it was a Saturday in October I was missing the game so this made it a bit better! Truth be told I'm not sure it was a Razorback, but that day it was!
View from the tasting room....ahhh. Great vine, fab cellar, great views...made purchases.
Catherine and me
Drive from the tasting room at Ferrari Carano
Back to Healsburg for lunch...
The square...precious shopping! Real stores with cute stuff. If only I hadn't purchased a CASE of wine the day before maybe I could have shopped a bit longer.
Lunch at Dry Creek Kitchen...my second favorite restaurant of the 7 day trip!
me:)
These aren't even really big ones, but this redwood in the Healdsberg square will give you an idea of their size.
Back to Dry Creek where the vineyard were turning. They literally looked like they were on fire!
Bella Winery...outdoor music and a super cute winery. Sad to say I was wined out an didn't taste any here.
One of the Bella Vineyards.
Can you see them turning colors? Oh, I wish I was a better photographer!
The next 6 pictures are of the Jordan Winery. It was by far the most beautiful in my opinion with breathtaking views! Enjoy...
The several pictures following are of random vineyards in Dry Creek. I'm ready to go back!!!!!!!!
Catherine and I decided we wanted to go to the redwood forest in Santa Rosa, but unfortunately it was closed when we got there. The trip was not uneventful because we saw a mountain goat! Yes, I pulled over and put on my telephoto lens to snap the shot above. Catherine said I tried to kill her getting this pic, but that's a bit dramatic! The shot doesn't give you any idea of the mountain side this goat was clinging to. I'm telling you it was soooo steep! There were so many dear on the side of the road that I'm convinced they all just fell of the mountain. It didn't appear they'd been hit it really did look like they'd fallen. Anyway, the roads were narrow and steep so maybe this should be a day trip when you need a break from the wineries!
Golden Gate back to the airport in San Fran...oh, I want to go back! Who wants to go with me???
















2 comments:
I LOVE all the cali photos! I am so envious! YOu know my great love for the vino!
I do know and I'm ready to go back anytime!
Post a Comment