Sunday, September 25, 2011

An August and September without pictures....at least not many!

Needless to say this has been a very hot summer!  This was from July but we broke a record in August hitting 114.  Yes 114 degrees...that was not a typo!

I also went to visit Jenny and Eric in Dallas.  I had an amazing time and Eric is such a sweetie...look at the cake he ordered for Jenny's birthday...so cute!

Baby Madelyn arrived!  She is precious and looks a lot like her big brother!
Baby Alice arrived too and she also looked like her big brother.  I couldn't be there for her birth, but look at this precious pic...
 I had a birthday in August...I'll refrain from disclosing my age, but I will discuss the beautiful flowers that Meg and Grant sent me.  Love!
 I also got a fabulous hanging back from Corbin, Lauren, Mika, Julie and Maria.  I love it and it is fast becoming my favorite gift!
 I moved offices at work and got to chose an accent wall.  I used the pic below from Pottery Barn as inspiration.  So I ordered the shelves and when they came in they were boxed and wrapped tighter than a submarine.  Let's just say I broke a hammer trying to open the glass shelves.  The color and the shelves turned out good, but I'm still needing to find the time to decorate them.  Oh and I also need to remove the bar code stickers and clean them:) 

August was a sad month for my Iphone 3GS.  I was at Dayle's and I decided I needed a to go Sprite for the looong ride home (Dayle that was for your benefit.)  Anyway, I had the Sprite in the cup holder...I'm obviously not used to having an open cup there b/c I plugged my phone in and threw it in the cup holder.  About half way home I received a text and I heard it ding as my Sprite began to light up.  I tried to dry it off and I put it in rice for days...weeks actually.  It never came back to life so I borrowed a 3G from a friend (thank you Brittany McClain!)
 Does it mean I have a little problem when I took my phone to work with me in a baggy of rice the first few days because I wanted to be there when it woke up?  Ok...well I'm at peace with my craziness!
 In September, I had a work trip in Dallas.  I'll refrain from giving the hotel name, but I will say in was in a mall.  This was the picture hanging in my room.  Is this supposed to be relaxing?  A prepubescent, plump boy in his underwear hanging from a rope swing doesn't scream relaxing, but maybe it's just me:)
 I didn't have a budget to decorate my office and since I bought the glass shelves I decided to attempt to paint my own pics for the wall.  They aren't great, but they are better than a blank wall.
Thanks to my friends at work I had a nice headache on my birthday:)  Seriously, please notice how hard they are hitting my head!  Thanks for helping me celebrate guys!!!!



1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Oh man! I have that picture of that boy over my fireplace :)