Well as you may or may not know I'm a total weather nut! During the storms of late April and early May, I got to know the storm shelter at work and at my parent's house very well.

My friend...the storm shelter at work:)
On one of the major storm nights, I was still at work late so I decided to make my own little weather station. It came in very handy while I was trying to plan my trip home in between storm surges.
My backyard took on a little water, but no worries after a few days it was back to normal...my grass on the other hand...
While 67/167 was flooded, all the bridges were completely packed during 5:00 traffic...everyone was trying to find an alternate way home. I took this photo and the next one on my way home one day. My 15 to 20 min commute turned into a 1 hr and 30 min drive...can we say road rage!
Happy First Birthday Brock!!!
Supermom Dayle put together this super cute cookies and milk first birthday!
How cute!
All the cookies were tagged and labeled
So much detail!

Brock's smash cake was sooo cute and the cupcakes with cookie tops were the perfect touch!
Again no detail missed!
Did I mention that the cookies were supper yummy too?!!?
Everyone's favorite flavor of milk....
And there's enough for everyone!

This was so cute too. It was a picture of Brock each month of his first year...great added decor.
And of course the takeaways were unique and precious. Dayle filled milk cartons with cookie crisp cereal...another hit!
The set up was genius too!
And now to the actual birthday action...
Cute Carozza family
One happy birthday boy!
How cute is that face!!!!

I'm pretty sure that he LOVED the cake.
Smashing the smash cake was his favorite part.
Oops...the top half made it's way to the floor!

Brock didn't seem to mind he just kept on eating!
Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Unfortunately, this is my only pick from Mother's Day but I promise Mackenzie had fun. I had everyone over for wine and cheese and present opening. We had a great time celebrating my mom and one of my best friends!
Mom's B-day and Mother's Day are always close but we don't mind an occasion for celebration! Happy birthday mom!
Sydney had a little recital on Saturday! She was sooo cute and looked like she was having a great time! See the video below.
Even the mundane always has a story....

So Saturday I was mowing my front yard and decided I needed to replace the plant on my front porch. I think it died from too much water (refer to flooding rains at the beginning of this post.) So I got a plant and brought it home. As I was potting and about to water it, I noticed a nest. It looked empty so I removed it and then noticed 5 eggs, three of which were in some phase of hatching...so I put them in a plastic bowl and took them back to the store. Without even acting like I was crazy, the woman helped me put them in another plant and hang them in the exact greenhouse location with a sign that said "not for sale." In my head, the story ends with the momma bird coming back to feed them and keep them warm...not too sure if that will actually happen, but I tried!

Can you see the hairless baby birds?
Here's a close up!

The birthplace....
Mackenzie loves her Nan and she's really excited about singing so she can get come of her cake!
Cake...the best part!
Sweet Sydney dancin' with the big girls!
P.S. I'm a blog posting maniac
No comments:
Post a Comment