Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summertime!!

Well here's to a marathon post....

There were two new additions to the Parker family at the beginning of the summer. Mom and Dad got Palmer (left) and Matt, Mel, and Mackenzie got her sister Chloe (right). Mackenzie and Chloe are best buds...it's so precious. This picture was the day they brought them home...I think they are tired! Izzy's glad to have some friends, but she feels her age after playing for about 10 mins. Palmer is like the annoying little sibling...she picks on Izzy all the time!

No kittens were hurt in the making of this picture.


I finally got my 2008 Christmas present...bye bye shed! That eyesore is gone!!!

These next pics are from the wedding of a family friend..so fun!




This squirrel is Izzy's nemesis. I leave the blinds open so she can see out, but she's been barking SOO much. I finally decided to watch for a few min. The squirrel comes up on the back steps and taunts her. I open the door to let Izzy out and the squirrel will run to the nearest tree and run up just a few feet. As soon as Izzy comes back in, the squirrel comes back up the the porch and just sits there flicking it's tail. Izzy hates this squirrel!!! I took this picture in between the blinds so it's not the best.


Mackenzie and Sydney had a dance recital...they were so cute! And of course they both loved being performers!

OMG...I love these girls!
So cute!
"Maybe my tongue will help me get this step!"
Me and Sydney
Mel sent the cutest invites!
Mackenzie and me (Mackenzie is over pics)
How precious is she?!?!
Me and my girls!

One random day at lunch there was a weird front coming through and it made some crazy clouds. I snapped a few pics with my camera phone.


Mackenzie turns 2!!

It's been the hottest summer and the day of Mackenzie's party was no exception! You'll see mostly pics of the kids b/c all the the adults were ducking the camera. It was hot, but Mackenzie and her friends had a blast and we did too.

Birthday girl!
She loved everyone singing to her!
Ohhh..she loved the cake and it was so cute! Thumbs up Mel!
Karoline, Dayle, and Brock came too...K's one of my girls too...I just love her!
The party was actually on Mel's birthday and her sweet friends brought her a cake too. It was the cutest little mini cake I've ever seen!!!
Mackenzie having fun with her friends from school!

That night I went to the Chris Tomlin concert with Dayle, Tony, and Karoline. It was awesome! Karoline had so much fun too..I think she thought Chris was singing just to her!


Fourth of July!!!

Over the 4th we had a little family vaca a the lake. We had a blast and it was so fun playing games, relaxing, and just hanging out together. Of course, Mackenzie entertained us!

How adorable is she?!?!?
The view from my room. We rented the house for a long weekend and the house was perfect!
Games!!! I've fallen in love with Rummikub!!!
Mom and me
Matt and Mackenzie looking for fish.
Mackenzie's unabomber outfit er....uh..... swimsuit.
I got her a plastic tea set and I think it was a hit!!!!
Yep, she loved it...way to go Aunt E!
Melanie and Mackenzie on the dock
Mackenzie telling pops about the ducks
Me and Mackenzie
BUBBLES!!!!!
The Parker Girls!
The Rents! 37 years of marriage..precious!
Beautiful Mackenzie
This is Nan's way to rig an afternoon movie.
When I got home this baby bird was in my back yard...it was a baby but huge. Anyone know what this is?

Showers, showers everywhere
For my friend Emily's shower, we had a craft station where everyone made her a onesie. These were practice.




This summer has been fun, but it's also come with some homeowner problems...I had to get a new roof and my floor in my living room has decided to do this...
I've had about 6 different people over to diagonis the problem and we think it due to humidity under the house so I've had a few things to fix:(

I have mentioned that it's the hottest summer ever!!!!! 107 degrees at amost 9 p.m. is OUT OF CONTROL! I hate summer!





Happy Birthday to Me! I turned 29 again! Yea!!!

Mom made this beautiful apple pie for my birthday. Thanks to all my family, friends, and co-workers who made me feel so loved!
From Meg, Grant, and Brooke....Beautiful!
My co-workers helped me celebrate twice...the first was nice and the second was painfully embarassing!



Anna Beth turns 1!!!!!

Beautiful...like mother like daughter
Anna Beth was wanting to play but I wanted a pic with the b-day girl...guess who won?
Me and Karoline
Me and Hayes
The OBU girls and the kiddos at Anna Beth's birthday

Emily's Baby Shower

I was worried about the craft station, but I think you'll agree it was a hit!













Julie and Scarlett came to town!
We all got together at the Carter's house and it was so fun to watch all the kids together. This was take one of 20!



Lauren's Sprinkle (mini-shower)

We wanted to celebrate the pending arrival of Kate Walker so we had a little sprikle at my mom's house. Lauren got some really cute stuff!

Corbs had the cupcakes from Mickey's look like the tree mural in Kate's room! So cute!
Great job on the flower arrangement mom!
Lauren being silly
Oh the clothes she got were so soft and adorable!!!!
I felt like you might need a picute of Izzy. Why yes she has lost a few lbs. She was hypotyroid and once she got on some meds, she's been feeling so much better!
I went to a conference in Chicago for work. I stayed on Michigan, but I was studying each night. I took this pic to prove I was there, but you can't even see Michigan from the blown out flash on the window. I did get to see Anne before and after the conference and it was so great to catch up!

Lauren, Sydney and I went to dinner before Sydney's big day on Good Morning Arkansas.

This is Sydney's smile that she's practicing for the show.
Waiting to go on! Lauren texted me this pic and I thought it was precious!
That's it...see you again in 3 months! See the video post below!

4 comments:

The Walkers said...

Wow! That was a great catch up post!!!! Thanks again for the wonderful sprinkle, and more importantly for loving on my girls so much!

Steve-n-Angela said...

Way to catch up! Great post! Love the decorated onsies (craft station)afor the baby shower!

Julie said...

Great pictures. Okay, I seriously am in love with that onesies. I need to know more details about them. Like where did you get the pics to print off? And where did you get all that cute fabric. We must talk soon. Love you!

Corbin said...

Better not be 3 months! I need you to help fill in the gaps of stuff I miss in NLR!