I'm alive! So sorry that I haven't blogged in forever, but here's an update...
The first week of February I had hand surgery and I was out of commission for a few days. I'm so spoiled and have such wonderful friends. I got flowers, food, books, movies, and baskets of goodies!
Gerber daisies! Thanks Amber, Alan, Anna Beth, and Alice!
Thanks Carothers for the beautiful flowers!
Thanks Bs (Julie, Mika, Lauren, Corbin, and Maria!)
Thanks to my work friends Debbie, Lisa, and Gale!
I also got some beautiful hydrangeas from Matt, Mel, and Mackenzie. Thanks to everyone for everything especially mom who stayed with me and babied me for 2 whole days!
Valentines Day! Mom an Mackenzie
Mom, Izzy, Mackenzie, and Matt
So I wish for snow every year...a big snow like I remember when we were little. Unfortunately it came the week after I had hand surgery so I wasn't able to play in it, but it was still beautiful! I love snow it makes everything look clean and beautiful. Maybe heaven will have snow?!?!
Dad had to come pick me up at work this day. It was about noon and this was downtown...obviously most everyone else left earlier than we did.
Downtown on Capitol Ave
More downtown
Lakewood Lake we had to take a back road around the lake b/c North Hills was closed...can you believe it?
This was scary!
So beautiful!
More beauty!
Somebody had a birthday! Happy birthday to Spencer who turned one in March!
Look at that sweet face!
He had so much fun!
...playing with his dad's cell!
Sydney also had a birthday in March. She turned 3! Such a big girl! I don't have many pics b/c I took Mackenzie so I was doing quite a bit of chasing.
Mackenzie clapping to the music!
She wanted to be right in the middle of the big kids...so precious! The birthday girl looked beautiful too and you can see pics on Lauren's blog...oh who are we kidding she posted months ago you've already seen them!
Just thought I'd show you a sweet pic of Izzy after I gave her a bath. Our groomer had surgery so I had to bathe and cut her...she looks a little "round," but I did my best!
When Lauren told me she was pregnant with Sydney I asked for 2 "Aunt Erin" days...shopping for back to school supplies (I still miss shopping for supplies) and dying Easter eggs. This is our fourth year of dying eggs and this year we invited some other little friends. They were so cute...one of my most favorite things to do!
Mackenzie and Sydney
Karoline, Dayle (with Brock he's hiding in her belly and behind K), and Lauren (with baby Walker!)
Karoline, Dayle, Me, and Lauren
Precious Anna Beth!
Does it get any more beautiful??? My friends and family have the cutest kids ever! No I'm not biased!
Ring around the Rosie
...all falling down
Group pic...my sweet nieces! They may not all be blood, but they are all mine!
We went to Yellville for Easter. It was so fun to see everyone! We had a great time with 2 small caveats...I got electrocuted by my grandparents back door and I got a tick bite that turned out to give me Lyme disease. Ok, so I realize that I may need to elaborate...my grandparents have a metal storm door and somehow one of the screws holding the frame into the wall was screwed into an electrical wire. I wouldn't have noticed (b/c no one else did), but we were taking pictures after church and the ground was super wet. My heals kept slipping into the mud so I had to take them off before walking into the house...therefore my feet were not only without a rubber grounding, but the were also wet...for those of you who aren't following the story...wet feet + no shoes + electricity = ouch! Seriously brought tears to my eyes and I'm a tough cookie. Then we went to my aunt's house where I helped hide Easter Eggs. Well since we'd had such a hard winter (see evidence above) and it was so early in the spring I didn't put on any deep woods off. So for those not following...Yellville + hiding Easter Eggs in the yard - deep woods off = Lyme disease and a tick bite the size of a drink coaster. In full disclosure my tick panel came back negative, however both PCP and Dermatologist believe that I had Lyme disease. Fun Fact:90% of people in our region test negative for Lyme disease on the initial tick titer, but are actually positive.
Mel...your such an artist:)
This tree reminds me so much of summers at my grandparents house. It's in their front yard and it's the focal point from the front porch. Here's a pic of Mel, Matt, and Mackenzie.
There is an evergreen growing in the crook of this hardwood. So interesting...and the topic of much conversation on how it got there. We decided it was a bird or it's poo...hehe.
Me and Matt
Easter Morning (Mel, Mackenzie, and Matt)
The Easter bunny brought Mackenzie a really fun basket!
Ohhhh....fruit snacks...breakfast of champions...right?
My wonderful papa, Melanie, and Mackenzie
Photo session (Dad, Mackenzie, Matt, Papa, and Mema...3 generations)
Love this pic...Dad, Mackenzie, and Matt
The girls (Mel, Mom, Mackenzie, and Me)
My beautiful mother and her precious grandbaby!
Nan, Mackenzie, and Pops
Me and my dad
The Easter bunny setting up for in the morning.
The Easter Bunny took this pic, but he didn't want to get in it with us. Trust me...he's not as cute as one might imagine...haha:)
This is seriously the best pic of Mackenzie and Me from Easter. She was cheesing it up! She made me cry laughing from all the silly faces!
Me and Mel and the photog, Matt, cut off our arms!
Lauren had a birthday in May and Amber and I took her to lunch at the Clinton Library. We had a great time. We also went to Brave New for dinner with our high school friends and got together at Laura's house with our college friends. We had so much fun!!
Me, Lauren, and Amber...it was obviously a bright day!
So a few weeks ago mom's co-worker had some kittens she was giving away. Mom got an all grey cat named Palmer (sticking with the golfing tradition) and Matt, Mel, and Mackenzie got the grey and white sister, Chloe.
How sweet is this? They were so cute cuddling and playing with each other!
Mom celebrated mother's day at my house over lunch and we wanted a family pic....

...here's Mackenzie helping us get a good pic

Matt, Mom, and Me
Family pic (Matt, Mackenzie, Mom, Me, and Dad

The girls (Mel, Mackenzie, Mom, and Me)
Me and Palmer
Brock is here! He is precious and he loves his Aunt E!
Kennedy Carother's is here too! I can't wait to meet her in person!
How beautiful is this family?!?! I love me some Carozzas!!! Thanks for being such a blessing on my life! Love you all!
Mom also had a birthday in May. We celebrated at US Pizza and Mackenzie was introduced to crackers and house dressing...
...she loved it!
Me and Mel
The birthday girl and dad
My little brother and me!
So there's an update! Sorry there aren't more pics, but honestly I haven't been very good about taking them. I regret that so I'm going to try to be better! I promise it won't be 5 months before I post again:)
4 comments:
Well, well, well- welcome back. If I had to see "Blessings Counted" one more time I was going to cry. You really did get cute pics of everyone- but me! Yikes- summer + pregnancy is going to be looong, hot and picture free of me!
i'm so glad you updated!!! love the pictures and getting all caught up with you!!! :)
YAY! I'm so glad you're back! Love, love, love the pics!
I can't believe I'm just now reading this post! I LOVE the family pic from Mother's Day - it turned out way better than I thought it would. Let's swap pics soon! Love you!
Post a Comment