Friday, January 22, 2010

Blessings Counted!

Well I guess I'm moving to the once a month update...so here are some pictures from a very blessed December!

Here's a pic of Jaci and "tank" (Grant, Jill, Hunter, and Ethan's new dog). We did Christmas with the Yellville family the weekend before Christmas this year. It was different but very fun. So fun that this is the only picture I got!
That same weekend we got together with the OBU girls at Lauren's house. Meg, Brooke, Scarlett, Pierce, and Jen were all in from out of town. We had a blast watching all the kids play together. It crazy how much our group has grown in just a few years!
Jen, Dayle (plus Brock), and Amber
Sydney, Anna Beth, Caroline, Pierce, and Brooke...we are missing a few so we'll have to get a big group pic next time we are all together.

My high school girl friends got together to exchange Christmas gifts and have dinner. Thanks Maria for my wonderful Glo gift card and to everyone else for some much needed laughs! Just what I needed!!!
Before Meg and Brooke left town we had one last get together at the Amber's house.
Me, Anna Beth, Meg, and Brooke

It's now my tradition with Sydney that a few days before Christmas she comes over for breakfast in her PJs and I let her open her Christmas gift early.
This is a picture of her helping me make the pancakes. Notice I'm using a mix...my mema would not be impressed!
Sydney decided she needed pop pops (Rice Krispies) instead of pancakes...so of course she got them!
Opening her present. She loves playing in her kitchen so much I got her a little oven kinda like an easy bake, but it uses ice to cook the cakes. Not really sure about the science behind that, but Lauren said it worked...not that they taste good but nonetheless it works.
I'm sure that we all remember the rain at Christmas! Sydney thought it was necessary that she wear Lauren's rain boots. I mean so stinkin' cute!

On Christmas Eve we usually get together with my mom's side of the family, but this year between the blizzard conditions in Oklahoma and the flooding in Arkansas, it was cancelled. To say we were upset was an understatement. Mom and I had been cooking for 3 days and it's really the only time of year we see her family all together. Well, we got over mother nature ruining our plans to celebrate my Dad's birthday which is also Christmas Eve. We had dinner and fun with just our immediate family and it was a blast! Great quality time!
Dad opening gifts and Mackenzie showing us her sweet smile and all the new teeth!
Mom and Mackenzie
Mackenzie giving her Aunt E kisses!
Me and Mel
Me and Mom
The girls (Mackenzie, Mel, Me, and Mom)
Matt, Mackenzie, and Mel (cute family pic)
Mom and Matt

Christmas morning was crazy! Mom, dad, Izzy, and I opened presents then Matt, Mel, and Mackenzie came over. Santa was really good to all of us! We had a great time Celebrating Jesus' birthday!
Mackenzie! She got a million things, but Julie I must say the Discovery Toys boat and hammer were her favorite that morning!
Christmas night my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jessie came down. We had a great time!

Lauren sent me this picture of a birthday cake for Jesus that Sydney made with the oven that I gave her...so cute.

The weekend after Christmas we celebrated John Austin's birthday at Chucky Cheese. Julie was in town too. We missed Aiden he couldn't make it because he had a little stomach bug:(

I spent New Years Eve with some friends and before the Christmas break was over my college friends got together one more time. We met for pizza and Emily brought the newest addition to her family, the sweet precious Luke! He stole the show!
Emily and Luke
Emily, Luke, and Lauren
Amber, Laura (plus Hayes), Julie (plus baby girl Carothers), Dayle (plus Brock), Lauren, and me.

On of the things I got Mackenzie for Christmas was dance stuff since she's started taking tap and ballet. Melanie took these pics and sent them to me! So cute!!!
Dancin' Queen
Look at that little butt!
Oh and that smile!
Since September I've been getting up four days a week to workout at 5:30 in the AM! Well everyday on my way home I get to enjoy this beautiful sunrise, so I decided to take this picture to remember it. It's from my phone's camera so not that great, but you get the idea.

New Years day....don't forget your black eyed peas! I met Lauren and Sydney so we could all get our good luck. Mom and I had fun shopping new years day and I had a wonderful time replacing my shoe wardrobe at the Dillard's New Years Day shoes sale!!!!
Sydney and Lauren
This is a tricycle that Mackenzie got from Aunt Pam for Christmas. She loves it, but let us take a closer look at the fact that my dad is driving her arount the house on a tricycle made for the outdoors. Man...grandkids! If Matt or I had ever tried that...

Sorry the pics are a bit out of order...this is Spencer at John Austin's birthday...so beautiful...I know I've said it before but I love his hair and eyes!
John Austin enjoying his birthday cake! So precious that he looks like a doll! I think he had a great time!

Here are a few videos from the holidays for you to enjoy!

Here's Mackenzie showing us her tapping skills.


How cute are you?

Celine in training!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You need to update your blog! :)