Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parker Family Snow Party 2011

So for those of you who don't know I'm going to give you a little secret I keep to myself...ready for it?....I'm a secret weather freak! Ok well that's not entirely true if it's calm weather I couldn't care less, but if it's a storm of any type I'm hooked. Therefore, when I saw the weather models and forecasts for the snow totals below I almost passed out. Of all the storms...snow storms are my favorite!!!!
Do you see the patch that Little Rock is in??? Once I saw this, I had the most fabulous idea (if I do say so myself)...a Parker Family Snow Party. When the first snow flake begins to fall we all pack up and head to Tom and Brenda's. They have sleds and we'd all given mom our list of favorite snow food dishes.

Our theme...some would say 5 Adults, a two year old, 2 cats, and a dog are a little much for one house, but we had a blast!
We got there just in time...this is after we'd been there about 30 min.
Yea, I don't think I was getting out to go to work anytime soon...dang...guess I'll just have to sled and watch movies in my pjs!
Mom and Dad's beautiful back yard!
Need I remind you how much Izzy loves the snow?
Parker Family Snow pic!
Melanie and Mackenzie (btw, these are the best sleds ever!!!)
What a princess
Guess who else loved to sled? Yep, Izzy! She kept begging to go with everyone. I think she'd be most happy if I'd move to Alaska!
Melanie, Mackenzie, Me, and Iz
Same song second verse
Mom was the biggest kid on the property!
Mackenzie and her Aunt E
Melanie and a very distracted Mackenzie
Me, Mackenzie, and Melanie

During the second day of our snow day party, Mackenzie decided to have a tea party.
And guess who got invited? Mackenzie's favorite furry friend, Izzy.

After finally gettting the 4 Wheeler out, we took a few rides in Mom and Dad's neighborhood to decide if we could make it out in a car. You know some of us have to work:(
And again the two having the most fun...Mom and Izzy!

I LOVE this precious face!
Mackenzie and Me watching Nan and Pops on the 4 Wheeler

Our sad excuse for a snow man!
A few more sled runs for Izzy!
Look at that face...how could you saw no?
Why does she love to dig her face in the snow? I have no idea!
Aunt E and Mackenzie watching a movie
Izzy was helping Mackenzie get a bath, but she got very very tired and had to take a quick nap...can't sat that I blame her...I could've fallen asleep in the same spot!
This pic is my treck out on day 3 post snowmageddon. 630 was still a sheet of ice, but I made it to the hospital in one piece!

Below are a few videos of my precious, hilarious, and absolutely beautiful neice! Her outfit is regular pjs with her princess nightgown over the top. She LOVES that nightgown.










1 comment:

Melanie said...

This really was the best idea ever. We had sooo much fun and the family pic is one of my favorite pictures EVER! Love you so much!