Well, first I had a great weekend and I'll post pics tomorrow or Friday. I got to play with Sydney when she and Lauren came over for dinner (which they brought...how great is that?) Friday night. Then Saturday Julie and Aiden came over for a visit. Amber and Alan soon arrived with Alice and she and Izzy played and played. Well Izzy sort of just ran and let Alice chase her! Then Saturday night I went to see Slum Dog Millionaire...if you haven't seen it...you must! It's really really good! Sunday Matt, Mel, and Mackenzie visited my church with me and then Izzy rested all Sunday while I did my taxes:(
So based on the busy weekend I just thought Izzy was tired on Monday. I made her go on a walk still and again didn't really think anything about how tired she seemed. So when I got home from work on Tuesday she was making these weird noises when she would take a breath. I still wasn't too worried, but it kept getting worse throughout the night. She continued during the night and into Wednesday morning. So I called the vet and they wanted me to bring her in. Of course! So they gave her a very thorough exam and told me she had a virus and kennel cough. I mean...seriously! When they made her breathe through her nose...she snotted like a person! I was so gross! Have you ever heard of a dog with an upper respiratory infection? I swear if you looked at Izzy's medical record you'd think I have some weird version of pet Munchhausen; however, for each visit she does have a legitimate diagnosis! If it's possible for a dog to get it...Izzy will have it! This is the 2nd two-week round of antibiotics we've had in 2009 and it's just February 4th! (I don't think I posted that Izzy had a UTI over Christmas and was on antibiotics for two weeks then got a different bacteria of UTI and had to be on a second round of meds in Jan.)
4 comments:
I am starting to agree with Brent.......Poor Poor Izzy
poor izzy!
Poor baby!!!
OMG!! You and Izzy can't catch a break :( SO SORRY!
Luv-Meg
Post a Comment